Ever wonder how expensive high profile divorces and divorce settlements can get? Stop wondering and check it out:
The 10 most expensive divorces in U.S history according to Reuters, CNBC, and Forbes:
- Rupert Murdoch and Wendi Deng ($1.8 billion): The largest divorce in American history was in 2013 between Media mogul Rupert Murdoch and his 3rd wife Wendi Deng (whom he married 17 days after his prior divorce). Deng walked away with a staggering $1.8 billion.
- Rupert Murdoch and Anna Maria Torv ($1.7 billion): Murdoch also wins for second largest divorce in American history, with a $1.7 billion settlement in 1999 between him and his second wife of 31 years, Anna Murdoch. He married Wendi Deng 17 days later.
- Steve Wynn and Elaine Pascal ($741 million): Famous resort tycoon Steve Wynn and wife Elaine Pascal actually divorced twice; once in 1986 and then again in 2010 after remarrying in 1991. Following the second split, Pascal received 11 million shares of Wynn stock, equaling $741 million.
- Mel Gibson and Robyn Moore ($425 million): The largest divorce in Hollywood history took place when the infamous Mel Gibson and his wife Robyn Moore parted ways in 2006 after 26 years of marriage. Moore received an estimated $425 million.
- Robert Johnson and Sheila Crump ($400 million): The co-founders of BET split in 2002 after having been married for 33 years. Sheila received a staggering $400 million of their shared fortune.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver (~ $250 and $375 million): While they haven’t actually divorced, their high-profile 2011 separation reportedly cost between $250 and $375 million.
- Michael and Maya Polsky ($184 million): 31 years after first moving to America with no more than $500 in their pockets, Invenergy LLC-founder Michael Polsky and his wife Maya divorced in an estimated $184 million split.
- Michael Jordan and Juanita Vanoy ($168 million): When Michael Jordan and wife Juanita Vanoy divorced in 2006 after 17 years of marriage, Vanoy reportedly received $168 million, custody of their three children and their Chicago mansion.
- Neil Diamond and Marcia Murphey ($150 million): The singer and wife Marcia Murphey split after 25 years of marriage in 1975. Though Murphey claimed an estimated $150 million, Diamond was quoted afterwards as saying that his wife was “worth every penny.”
- Amy Irving and Steven Spielberg ($100 million): Steven Spielberg split with wife Amy Irving in 1989, resulting in Irving claiming roughly $100 million.
Need a Prenup? Give Us a Call. (945) 719-5557 or schedule a confidential consultation